Latest NewsWorld News

Trump Places Campaign Schedule On Hold After Contracting COVID-19

US President Donald Trump said he has cancelled upcoming appearances on the campaign trail after testing positive for COVID-19.

He added that he would quarantine inside the White House while he hopes for his recovery.

Recall that the president and the First Lady, Melania, were said to have contracted the disease on Friday, October 2.

Speaking on their state of health, the White House doctor said both Trump and the First Lady were well and that Trump would continue his presidential “duties without disruption”.

The two were tested after a close White House aide Hope Hicks had tested positive earlier in the day, with the bombshell news breaking as more restrictions loomed in Europe in an attempt to contain the deadly pandemic.

Hicks was on board Air Force One with the president as he traveled to Cleveland, Ohio for the first presidential debate with his rival, Democrat Joe Biden, on Tuesday.

The president routinely receives tests for Covid-19, though the exact frequency is not clear.

Help Aledeh News deliver the independent journalism Nigeria and the world need. Support us by making a contribution. Your donation allows Aledeh News to be completely independent. But it also means this online platform is only possible because of the support of readers like you. Support Now!
Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close
Close Bitnami banner
Bitnami