British world heavyweight champions, Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, have reached an agreement on a two-fight deal for 2021.
The fight has been described as the biggest fight in British boxing history.
The duo are the current holders of world heavyweight belts.
Fury, in a video message on Twitter said: “The biggest fight in British boxing history has just been agreed. Get in there my boy!”
MASSIVE THANKS TO DANIEL KINNERHAN FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN.🙏🏻👍🏻 god bless pic.twitter.com/18FfVKfCax
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) June 10, 2020
English boxing promoter, Queens Promotions and MTK Global, confirmed the agreement in a statement on Wednesday.
“We can confirm negotiations have taken place between Eddie Hearn and Tyson’s adviser Daniel Kinahan,” the statement said.
The promoters, however, stated that no contracts had been signed between any of the concerned parties, nor have any specifics been agreed regarding venues, dates and numerous other key terms.
“Both sides do accept any prospective fight will demand a 50/50 split and both sides accept there will be a rematch,” the statement added.
“Obviously, we are keen to make the fight that British fans demand and will continue negotiations in order to deliver Tyson his shot at becoming the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World.
“Things are going in the right direction and we couldn’t be more happy that a potential mega fight is in reach.”
Official statement regarding Tyson Fury/Anthony Joshua talks 📝 pic.twitter.com/cUrtZaA7b7
— Frank Warren (@frankwarren_tv) June 10, 2020