Following the retirement of seven(7) Deputy Inspectors Generals(DIGs) after the appointment of Adamu Mohammed as Inspector General of Police(IGP), the Police IG on Monday, February 4th decorated new DIGs.
Seven(7) new DIGs were decorated by the IGP and were immediately inaugurated into the Force Management Team(FMT).
The new DIGs have been posted to their new departments and directorates as follows;
- DIG Usman Tilli Abubakar, mni- Department of Finance and Administration
- DIG Abdulmajid Ali – Department of Operations
- DIG Frederick Taiwo Lakanu, fdc – Department of Logistics and Supply
- DIG Anthony Ogbizi Michael, fdc – Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (Force CIID)
- DIG Yakubu Jubrin, fsi – Department of Training and Development
- DIG Aminchi S. Baraya – Department of Research and Planning
- DIG Godwin C. Nwobodo, fdc – Department of Information and Communication Technology
The Inspector General of Police, Ag. IGP M.A Adamu, NPM, mni, in his opening remarks at the decoration ceremony stated that “no organisation rises above the quality, competence and dedication of its management team as well as the depth of the goals set for the organisation”.
He urged the new DIGs to justify the confidence reposed in them by the Police Service Commission, the Nigeria Police Force, as well as the Government and People of Nigeria.
The Police Service Commission Chairman, Alhaji Musiliu A. K Smith and other members of the Police Service Commission, The Minister of Interior, Lt. General Abdulrahman Dambazau, Members of the National Assembly were present at the inaugurstion and decoration ceremony.
Others present were; IGP Ogbonnaya Onovo (rtd), the Executive Governor of Kebbi State, Senator Abubakar A. Bagudu, family members of the newly promoted officers and other dignitaries.