Investigators in Chicago and Atlanta have called on victims of R’Kelly’s sexual abuse to come forward with their allegations.
A documentary, ”Surviving R’Kelly” had given details of the musician’s years of sexual abuse, pedophilia and predatory behaviour. Some of R’Kelly’s alleged victims spoke about how they were treated harshly and abused by the musician.
“Please come forward,” said Kimberly M. Foxx, Chicago’s attorney for Cook County, Ill at a news conference in Chicago on Tuesday. “There’s nothing that can be done to investigate these allegations without the cooperation of both victims and witnesses. We cannot seek justice without you.”
Parents have spoken out about R’Kelly’s dominance over the lives of their daughters. Buzzfeed reported in 2017 that the musician had been keeping girls in a sex cult in recent years. It also reported former associates confessing to have helped him to make sexual arrangements.
Asante McGee who had worked with Kelly in the past said the girls kept by the musician were forced to refer to him as ”daddy”.
Representatives for the singer had said last year: “All of the women targeted by the current media onslaught are legal adults of sound mind and body, with their own free will. Law enforcement officials in Atlanta and Chicago previously have made ‘wellness’ visits to check on the women in question and have found nothing to cause alarm
Meanwhile, new statistics have shown two million people tuned in to watch each of the six-episode docuseries, ”Surviving R’Kelly”. Executive producer of the documentary, Dream Hampton said R’Kelly is a man her generation should have dealt with a long time ago.